The Section for Political and Legal Affairs (SAPJ) is responsible for:
- monitoring and analyzing developments in domestic politics in the eight (08) countries in the Embassy’s jurisdiction.
- ensuring political intelligence as part of efforts to strengthen bilateral cooperation with countries in the jurisdiction.
- handling political and judicial issues linked to the management of cooperation with the countries in the jurisdiction.
- handling disputes related to leases of apartments rented by the Embassy, jointly with the Section for Administrative and Financial Affairs and Equipment (SAAFM).
- reviewing all contracts drafted by the Embassy and giving its opinion before signing.
- reviewing Agreements to be concluded as part of cooperation with countries in the Embassy’s jurisdiction, jointly with the relevant Sections of the Embassy.
- interpreting the provisions of an Agreement or a contract being enforced.
- performing all other duties assigned.